Monday, January 24, 2011

My Baby Blue

I just left my sweet baby boy's room and I wanted to write this because I hope to never forget the precious things he says and does. Lately I have been laying on the floor when I put him to bed because there were a few nights that he was getting up every time I laid him down. It has gotten to be a habit because I am able to lay there and talk to him for a bit then kiss him goodnight and tiptoe out. Each night when I turn out the light and turn his music on, he will point to the little pillow on the floor and say 'he go mommy' (here you go mommy). He'll also show me his pillow pet and say 'dog' (which his pillow pet is a dog) and 'piwow' (pillow) to show me he has his too. His noise maker also has a projector that I turn on and right now it has fish on it so he will point up there and say 'fish'. We will also go back and forth a couple of times and say 'night-night' until he is tired of saying it.
Tonight I put my hand on his bed and said 'hold mommy's hand' and he put his sweet little hand in mine. To tell the truth, the tears swelled up in my eyes and I just couldn't hold it. As I type this, I am having to hold them back (I don't know what is going on!). It scares me because he is getting too big too fast. The best thing about it: he's a mommy's boy :)

I snapped these pictures before we laid down to go to sleep tonight.


The love I feel for the kids is unbelievable. I am so lucky to have such wonderful kids and have the most amazing job in the world. It is the the hardest job I have ever had but the most rewarding.

Cheers to all of the mommies and future mommies out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment