Saturday, August 4, 2012

One Year Later

One year ago today our lives changed forever. Someone very special to us left us here on Earth to be with Jesus. It’s still so surreal. Seems like it happened yesterday, yet still feels like a bad dream that I am going to wake up from and everything will be back to normal.

If you are reading my blog for the first time, HERE is my post from last year after my mother-in-law Paula passed away suddenly of a pulmonary embolism.
You hear it all the time – Only the good die young or God takes those who he needs with him in Heaven. But it still doesn’t seem fair…we needed her here. Blake, Kylie and John need their Grammy.

I keep thinking about all of the things that she has missed over the last year.

-         The birth of her 3rd grandbaby, John
-         Kylie’s 2nd birthday
-         Blake’s 4th birthday
-         Aaron graduated from Graduate school

With everything that Emma and Nathan had to go through for that little baby – preterm labor, preterm birth, many, many nights in the hospital – I am a firm believer that she was with them the entire time, just not in person. It is amazing what that little 3lb, 4oz little boy has grown to be.

Paula is missed by so many every single day. I know that my father-in-law Roger misses her so much as well as her mom, Grandmom. I can't even image losing my husband or my daughter. And Aaron and Nathan lost one of the most important people in their lives, their mom.

Paula was a very important part of my life and I miss her very much. I do know for certain that I have a guardian angel watching over my family and I every single day.



No comments:

Post a Comment