Monday, November 5, 2012

Alzheimer's Fundraiser

Last December, my grandmother passed away from the horrible disease of Alzheimer's. I never really knew the impact of this disease until it really started to take a toll on her and ultimately took her from us. Since she has passed, I wanted to do my part to raise awareness of this disease. Last year my family took part in the local Alzheimer's walk in honor of my grandmother so we knew this year we wanted to have a much bigger impact in memory of her.
 
My family decided that we wanted to do a family fundraiser to raise money to contribute in honor of mamaw. We decided that we would put on a corn hole tournament as well as have a raffle with items donated by local businesses. The walk was in early September so in early August, we put on an amazing fundraiser with an amazing turnout.
 
We ended up raising over $3,000 on that day and after other donations, raised almost $4,500 to contribute in memory of my grandma, Sarah Rose Hall. It is great to be a part of such an amazing community with awesome family and friends.
 






 
 

 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment