Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kylie's Doctor Appointment

On Tuesday we went to the ENT to discuss Kylie's ear infections. I was really dreading this appointment because I pretty much knew what the outcome was going to be. I obviously will do what is best for Kylie, but I didn't want to put her through the process of getting tubes unless it was the only thing that would help her.

After the doctor was done explaining the process and going over her history, he recommended that we go ahead with the tubes. Dang it! I really thought there were more options! He explained that because she is only 6 months old and has had 4 ear infections in 3 months, there were really no other options. She has been on 3 different antibiotics which is not good for her little body anyway. The doctor told us that if Kylie was his daughter, this would be choice also. That made me feel a little better but of course he is going to say that, he was the surgeon!

This doctor also did the same procedure to one of our friends little girl, Ellie. He also removed my nephew's tonsils a few months ago so he comes highly recommended. I know she will be in the best hands since she is having the procedure done at Kosair's.

Poor baby girl! She is such a mommy's (and daddy's) girl so it is going to be hard to hand her over when it is time for the procedure. She is so young! She is not going to know what to think the day after the surgery. She is so use to her ears being infected and having fluid in them that she doesn't know how it feels to be infection-free. The doctor explained it to us as if we were on an airplane and your ears won't pop....that is how she has felt for the last 3-4 months! Also, with each ear infection, we never knew she had one. We only found out with her first one at her 3 month check-up and that was the initial double ear infection. Ever since then they really have never gone away.

I know that this is such a minor procedure but my heart breaks when my kids are sick. Please everyone keep Kylie in your prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment