Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

There are so many things I am thankful for in my life. My beautiful babies, my amazing husband, my awesome family, our health, just to name a few. This Thanksgiving my heart is so heavy because there is someone so special to our family that should be here celebrating with us. We are so thankful that we had the time with her that we did, but it was just not enough at all. It was our first Thanksgiving without her and it was very hard, as we expected. My mom said that the next year will be the toughest but it will get easier; however it will never get 'easy'.

I found this poem and it fits perfectly.
I cried when you passed away. I cry today still.
Although I loved you dearly, I couldn't make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest.
God broke my heart to prove to me he only takes the best.

We miss you Grammy and we think about you everyday.

We had two Thanksgivings like we do every year. Thursday we celebrated with the Thacker's and Saturday we celebrated with the Hall's. We have had a great 4 days spending time with family and I really don't want to go back to the grind this week. Kylie and I started our morning today with a visit to the ENT because we learned last week that one of her ear tubes fell out. Not fun. We found out because she had strep, an ear infection and thrush. She did great today and didn't have strep or an ear infection. She did get a hearing test that wasn't up to par so we are going back in 2 months for another hearing test and then we will determine if she needs replacement tubes.

Here is a picture of the cutie at the doctor's office this morning. She was watching Micky Mouse on my phone.


Here are a few random pictures from our weekend.

We ate a lot of this....

The kids had fun in the tub....

Austin lost his first tooth!!! You can already see the new tooth coming in.


And we would like to wish a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Aunt Memma (Emma). Her birthday was Sunday and the kids sang Happy Birthday to her while I captured a few pictures.  They love to sing Happy Birthday.


We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it was hard for you all. So sorry.
    Love those pics. K is looking so much like a big girl I can hardly stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were thinking of you guys this Thanksgiving. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete