Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Picking up the pieces

It's been three weeks. Three weeks since we lost someone so special to us and there is not a day that goes by that I do not think about her. There are so many unanswered questions because it was so sudden. I am sure there will be a time that I need to get it all off my chest but I am going keep it to myself right now. It feels like a piece of the puzzle is missing and I know we will feel like this for a very long time. Please continue to pray for everyone.

I have thought about giving up this blog because of lack of time and it reminds me a lot of Paula because I know how much she loved reading it. However the past few weeks so many people have told me that they read the blog so I want to keep it up for them and so everything is documented for the kids when they get older. I am also still keeping up my other blog - One Frame a Day - which I take pictures of the kids everyday (almost everyday) and post a picture and then at the end of the year, I will print it off and have a copy made for each of the kids.

So many things have happened the past few weeks. Here are just a few:
- Kylie started at the same daycare as Blake, which she loves.
- Blake started back to preschool and his favorite part is riding the bus!
- We tried potty training with Blake again and he is NOT ready at ALL!
- Blake loves his new big boy bed. He sleeps so good in it and stays in bed all night.

This video is priceless. Aaron calls me KK which has been my nickname my entire life. However I never expected my kids to call me KK. Kylie has picked this up from Aaron calling for me through the house. You will need to mute my playlist to hear what she says.

What's My Name - Kylie from Kaelin Thacker on Vimeo.

Here are some pictures from the past two weeks as well.

Kylie's first day of school

The kids watching a movie in Blake's bed

Aunt Emma and Uncle Nathan came to visit!

Uncle Jonathan showing Kylie the moon

Blake trying to get mommy with the water gun

Grandmom and Grandpa playing cards with the kids

Buzz and Blake....can you tell which one is which? :)

Pretty girl


Here is the last video for the night. Blake and Austin had a great time wrestling with each other. I can only imagine what our house would be like if we had two boys. It is kind of long but very cute.

Wrestling from Kaelin Thacker on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading. Please keep on posting!
    I will continue to think ab out you all during all this transistion. GOOD LUCK WITH THE POTTY.
    Think of all the money you will save not buying diapers. Well- we thought that too and now we are doubling that cost! ha!

    ReplyDelete