This past weekend was full of ups and downs. Saturday was a great day. We went to Disney on Ice and the kids had so much fun. Their favorite skits were The Little Mermaid and Captain Hook. Well maybe The Little Mermaid was my favorite but I think the kids liked it as well. The started to get restless towards the end since it was almost 2 hours long and I am not sure Kylie has ever sat still that long. They ate about a box and a half each of popcorn during the show. We also got out of there without spending an arm and a leg on toys. On Saturday night we had the big UK (Kentucky) vs UL (Louisville) game which is very important around here. It definitely didn't turn out the way we wanted it but we did get to see some friends.
On Sunday I didn't feel too well because I am getting over bronchitis. I may have taken a nap when the kids were napping which was very nice. I should have been doing homework however I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Aaron must have been tired because he fell asleep as well. After I woke up, my sister and I went to visit my Mamaw Hall. As I have mentioned before she has Alzheimer's and she has recently moved to a Memory Home for Alzheimer's patients. However when we got there, they told us that they took her to the ER a couple of hours before. To not go into too many details, she was admitted to the hospital with a very serious UTI and pneumonia. It makes me so sad to even write about it. I have been to see her everyday since Sunday and she has had her ups and downs. Yesterday was probably the best she has been because she was awake when I got there and we had some good conversation. She was pretty tired from a day full of PT, OT and ST so by the time I left she was worn out. Today she was transferred to another facility so I am sure all of moving wore her out. She was pretty sleepy tonight so we didn't get to talk much. We aren't sure what the next few weeks and months hold, but we are very positive that slowly but surely she will get her physical strength back.
It has been a very tough couple of months and there are times that I am so emotional about everything. With losing Paula, Mamaw being sick, work, school and trying to be the best mom and wife, I feel like I am running dry. I want everything to be normal again but I know that it never will be. It is going to take some time to get use to this new normal.
Here are some pictures from the past week or so. There are not many because I have been going from home to work to the hospital to class and then home and by that time, the kids are already in bed.
Kylie moved to her toddler bed on Sunday! She has only gotten out of bed a couple of times but she has done so good!
On Saturday we celebrated Kylie's birthday all day. We had a Minnie Mouse party at our house with a lot of family and friends. The weather turned out to be perfect so the kids got to play outside all day. There are so many people who love Kylie and it showed today at her party. I think she had a wonderful day.
Below is my picture dump from the day. I loved the Minnie Mouse theme! I also must say that I made the cupcakes myself which was a first for me. I used the box cake but the icing was homemade and I must say it turned out great.
On Saturday morning before Kylie's party, I participated in the Walk to End Alzheimer's with a few family and friends. We did it in honor of Mamaw Sarah and I felt so proud.
Today is Kylie's 2nd Birthday! It doesn't seem like it has been two years. She is such a little diva but the sweetest little girl.
Here are some interesting things about Kylie right now. I will be doing another post on all of her favorite things so this is just a brief summary.
- You love you big brother. Anytime he does something, you have to be right behind him and do it as well. Monkey See, Monkey Do.
- Even though you love to wrestle with your brother, you are a little diva. You even shake your butt when you run!
- You are very attached to one of your babies, your blankie and your paci (yes you still love your paci). You must have all three of them when you go to bed at night or when you don't feel well.
- You are talking so good. Your favorite thing to do is sing and some of your favorite songs are Happy Birthday, Twinkle Twinkle, ABC Song, and You Are My Sunshine. See video below for proof!
- You love to dance. Whenever you hear music, you start to shake your little butt.
- We go in a couple of weeks for your yearly check-up but here are some of your stats that I know:
- You weigh around 33 lbs
- You wear a size 5 diaper
- You are wearing 3T and some 2T clothes
- You wear a size 7 shoe
- You loved swimming in Nana and Papa's pool this summer.
- You recently started at the same daycare as Blake and you love it.
- You go to bed around 8-8:30 and sleep until 7ish.
- You love all kids of foods but some of your favorites include: grilled chicken, rice, beans (funny that these are the key ingredients used at Qdoba), crackers, milk, apple juice, any kind of pasta and anything that mommy and daddy are eating.
- Everyone says that you look just like me. I will take that as a compliment.
Here are some pictures of when Kylie was born. I love looking at them and remembering how little she was! She actually wasn't too little since she weighed 10lbs when she was born!
This was Kylie last year on her birthday.
This was Kylie this morning before daddy took her to daycare. We sang happy birthday with two candles in her sausage biscuit which she loved.
And we had a birthday celebration dinner at Chuck E Cheese tonight and here are a few pictures from the night.
Lastly, here is a video of the kids one night this week. Beware I also sing a bit with the kids. There is also a brief fight fight because Blake wants to sing it my himself. Love these kids! (Be sure to mute my playlist below to hear the kids sing)