Sunday, December 12, 2010

Candyland

Today was our annual candy-making day and I have my usual tummy ache :) My sister, my mom and I have gotten together a couple of weeks before Christmas for the last 8 or so years to make all of the candy we can make. My brother's girlfriend Maggie joined us this year (she was also there last year) and was a huge help (Thanks Maggie!).

Here is what was on our list this year:
- Chocolate Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Bark Candy
- Peppermint Bark
- Confetti

We make all of it for work and for our family Christmas parties. And of course for ourselves. So we started at 10:30 this morning and was finished around 4ish. Here are the pictures of the yummy results!

Bark Candy

Peanut Butter Fudge (and yes it is outside on the ground but we do that every year so it will harden faster)

Confetti - which is our creation (I think) and includes PB Captain Crunch, pretzels, peanuts, and white chocolate

Chocolate Fudge - Rachel Ray's 5-Minute Fudge Recipe

Peppermint Bark

A new creation that Kristin and I made. The chocolate was courtesy of a Nestle Toll House giveaway I won from The Jackson Five Family. The things on the right is our attempt to make reindeer which failed miserably.

My mom's pretty mantle.

And to finish this post, a picture that Aaron sent me from his phone of the kids watching a movie, sitting in the same chair. So cute!

I hope everyone has a good week! Most schools are already closed around here for tomorrow, so hopefully the roads aren't too bad to get to work tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment