Thursday, March 17, 2011

Family Updates

This past week has been the longest.week.ever. Period. I had a test in my class last night and I studied 20 hrs for it. Along with a crazy, busy schedule at work lately and two full-of-energy kiddos, I am mentally and physically exhausted. So this post will be an update post on my little family since I haven't been able to blog much lately.

Aaron in his second to last semester of his master's program so he can see the light. His final class is over in August and he is patiently waiting for it to conclude. Work has been pretty busy as well for him. He was pretty excited tonight as Kentucky won their first game of the NCAA tournament. Hopefully they will go far in the tournament this year with their young team.

As for me, work is crazy as usual, school is draining me and I am loving on the kids as much as I can right now. I stress out way too much and life is too short to stress over the little things. Like the quote states on the header at the top of my blog 'enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.' I completely believe in this quote right now. As for the weight loss journey, I am at a stand still. I was on a kick for awhile with working out, but with everything going on, I don't have the time or energy right now. I.need.motivation. You would think the big 3-0 would be my motivation which is only 5 months away!

Blake's speech has been improving so much! In the past two months, he has come a long way. There are still times we have no clue what he is trying to tell us but with much patience, we have learned his language. We are taking it one day at a time and within the next month, he will be evaluated with the school system to see if he qualifies for speech therapy through the school. He loves school and is learning so much. He is also a little bossy with sissy telling her "No Kylie" when he doesn't want her to do something. Kylie usually just ignores him. Here are some of his favorites right now: Handy Manny, chocolate pudding, apple juice and pretzels, coloring, Cars (the movie and toy), pizza.





My little American Idol Kylie has been getting so big. She had her 18 month check-up on Monday and her stats are: 29 lbs, 1 oz - 95% and 33 1/3 inch tall - 95%. She is a bossy, loving, active, controlling little diva. She is talking so good, pretty much repeating anything we say. She is still taking her paci and I am not sure when we will let that go. Some of her favorites right now: Jewelry, dancing and singing, apple juice and pretzels, doing anything her 'bubby' is doing.







I have a feeling we will be spending every single evening outside this summer. We had a beautiful 70 degree weather evening so when I got home with the kids, we immediately went outside for 2 hours and went swinging and sliding. I will completely content with that :) Can't you tell how happy they are with their St. Patty's day shirts on!


My last post was dedicated to a friend's little boy who was going to have a very important surgery. He did awesome through the surgery and has had a great recovery. Please continue to pray for him as he goes back for another surgery on April 4th for the stent removal.

Please also pray for all of my friends who are pregnant. There are SO many who are pregnant or are trying to get pregnant who I think about very often. Here are a few who have broken the news about their pregnancy to keep in your prayers: Amanda, Sarah, Abby, Megan, Emily, Megan (expecting twins!)
In other news, I won a giveaway at Lyndsie Gives Away! How awesome is that! I won something from Tadpoles and Tiaras. They have such cute things!! I can't wait to get something from their cute collections.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I know I will!

1 comment:

  1. I was just updating Brian on you and Aaron and we were talking about how amazing you two are that you are working, going to school, and being the best parents to your sweet kiddos. You guys are amazing!!
    Thank you for the continued prayers. We really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete