Monday, March 7, 2011

My Family

This week at Show Us Your Life at Kelly's Korner it is show us your family you grew up with. I'm not sure if I have highlighted everyone in my family at once so I wanted to take advantage of this and tell everyone about my awesome family!


I don't have a picture of just us and the kids that is recent so here is the best one but the kiddos are missing. We were at our Alumni Dinner/Dance for this picture.

I grew up in a VERY loving and supportive home. My family consists of my dad, Mike; my mom, Debbie; my older sister, Kristin; my younger brother, Jonathan; and my youngest brother, Brad. I loved growing up in a big family and I still love it today. It has been a blessing to have such a close family and I am sure we will continue to stay this close until we are old and gray :)

My dad is a retired teacher who still works. He still substitute teaches to keep himself busy and out of the house. He also works for FEMA part-time when he is needed. My dad coached many of sports teams growing up and I love those memories with him. Many people said that I am a lot like him in that he is business minded and a leader. I tend to agree :)  Kylie has become quite the Papa's girl over the past month.

My mom is the director of surgery at a large hospital in Louisville. She is an amazing nurse and mother. We were very lucky to have her home with us growing up since she worked part-time when we were younger. As I have gotten older, I have come to appreciate her more and more, especially now that I am a mom myself. She is the most humble, giving person I know and would do anything for anyone. She is the best Nana to Blake and Kylie and they both love her.

My sister Kristin is my best friend. She is the Manager of an ICU (Intensive Care Unit) at another large hospital in Louisville. She is also an amazing nurse and sister who is very goal-oriented and determined in her work and her personal life. She went to college and played basketball and I followed in her footsteps to the same college two years later. Our bond as teammates, friends and sisters grew even more when we were away at college together. Those couple of years were amazing and I am so fortunate to get to talk to her everyday and live right down the road from her.
Kristin met her husband Jeremy while at college and they have been together for 10 years and married for 7 years. Jeremy is like a brother since he has been in the family for so long. Kristin and Jeremy have two kids whom I feel are my own. Austin is 5 years old and Katie is 2 1/2.

My younger brother Jonathan is 2 years younger than I am. I miss him greatly right now because he is four hours away at Law School. Jonathan has such a kind and loving heart and loves Blake and Kylie to the moon and back. Since we were only a couple of years apart, our relationship grew when we were in high school and college and continues to grow today.

Brad is my youngest brother who is 6 years younger than me. He is also in Law School but a little closer so I get to see him more often. Even though Brad is 23 years old, he will also be the cute little boy running under the bleachers at our basketball games. The kids adore Uncle 'Bad' and they both get so excited when he comes over to play.

Well there is my family that I was fortunate enough to be a part of. I am so lucky to have such a close and loving family. I can only pray that Aaron and I have the same with our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment