Saturday, March 3, 2012

Almost a whole month....

...since I last posted. I have to apologize to all of my blog readers, but I have a good excuse. Life has been nonstop lately. Every week night and weekend we have been so busy with everything from school, work, kids, family, friends and the little things. When I have to choose between blogging or homework, yes I choose homework. Same with sleep. I should be sleeping now but I WANTED to update my blog about our family.

I decided to do one big post as well as carve a few of the special moments out into their own blog posts, so here goes.

First and foremost, yesterday many communities around us were very impacted by dangerous storms that came through the area. I think they confirmed around 20+ tornadoes touched down in my area and a few devastated 2 entire communities, just 15 from our house. At least 23 people have been confirmed dead and many people lost everything they owned. As I got on my computer this evening, the first story to pop up on Yahoo was THIS. Don't read it if you are vulnerable because I cried when I read the title of the article. This little girl's life was completely torn apart in one afternoon. If you don't want to read the story and just want an overview, this two year old little girl and her family of her mother, father, 3 year old brother and 2 month old baby sister were all found in a field about 10 miles from their house. All where pronounced dead except for the little 2 year old girl who is now at Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville. Last I heard she was in critical condition on a ventilator. So, so sad. Here are a few pictures of the devastation that occurred.


Please pray for all of those impacted by the storms. Cherish every single minute you have with your family because you never know when something like this could happen to you.

One a much lighter note, Kylie is pretty much completely potty trained. She still wears a pull-up at nap time and at night, but there are many naps and nights that she wakes up completely dry. I am still not brave enough to put her in panties for bedtime but I would rather be safe than sorry. She is so proud of the fact that she is a big girl who goes to the potty and I love it. She is very independent and wants to do everything by herself now. I hate to say it but she is not a baby anymore. Makes me very sad but she loves it. On the other hand, Blake is still NOT interested in the potty AT ALL. Yes I know, Blake is older than Kylie and he should be potty trained, but I cannot force it to happen if he has no interest at all. Bribery doesn't work either - trust me I have tried everything. Maybe this summer he will become a little more interested.

We did celebrate two birthdays since I last blogged. My AWESOME nephew Austin turned 6th and my brother-in-law Jeremy turned 30 something :) I won't reveal his age on here but he still looks like he is 25.


We also celebrated Baby John's arrival with a shower for his momma. I am going to leave that to its own post since I have many pictures to share. I have also completed another class for school as well as my volunteer work I had to do for school. That takes a small weight off of my shoulders. Now just to get through this semester and one more summer session and I am finished!

Well that is it for now. I am still updating our pictures on my other One Frame a Day blog so feel free to catch us there as well. Look for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment