Monday, March 19, 2012

New Room, Outside and Dinosaurs!

I feel like I am always playing catch-up with my blog. I guess it's never ending because I have a bunch of stuff to update today!
First is for our weekend. I finally had a chance to work on our basement. I have wanted to turn it into a play room for the kids for awhile, but I just haven't had time to do it. I was so excited to finally get the time to work on it this weekend when the kids were napping and when I was done with homework.
I knew to move all of their toys, I would need to sort through everything and get rid of a bunch of stuff. I am glad that I have been able to get a pretty big pile of toys to donate to someone who needs them. I was also able to organize their toys - at least initially organize them.
I didn't want to paint so I used wall stickers and framed educational posters to decorate the walls. There are still a few other things I want to do but since I was limited on time, I had to take go ahead and do what I could.
The kids LOVE it! They keep thinking they aren't allowed downstairs because they usually aren't allowed down there. Kylie kept telling us to come down and play with her. :)
We also got to enjoy the beautiful weather yesterday. Not sure we are going to be able to keep them inside this summer.




This is probably the only time it will ever be this clean. Yesterday when the kids were playing, they kept finding toys they hadn't seen in months since everything is all in one place now. Kylie kept telling us to come down and play!

One another note, the weather has been amazing lately. I took the first pictures of the kids playing outside yesterday on the play set. It is amazing how independent they both are playing on it. They were playing pirates and Blake was Captain Hook and Kylie was Izzy. It was pretty cute.




 
A few weeks ago when Kylie and I went to the Princess show, Aaron took Blake and went with Jeremy and Austin to a Dinosaur show. Blake LOVED it and the pictures show it. I wish I was able to be there because I would have loved to see how he reacted to the dinosaurs. Aaron said that he had a great time and Blake only had one minor meltdown.








Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment