Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New York, New York!

Aaron and I will be celebrating our 5th Anniversary on June 4th this year. I cannot believe we have been married this long! It really seems like yesterday, but then again, we have two kids :) I recently wrote about how we met which brought back a lot of college memories. Anyway back to our anniversary....We wanted to do something fun this year since it is our 5th so we have planned a big trip to NYC! Everytime we start to talk about it or plan an activity when we are there, we both get so excited. However, because of school, we have to wait until we are done with our summer sessions, so we will be going in August.

We will be leaving the babies behind, which makes me sad to even think about. However, I know Aaron and I need this time together. I'm sure the kiddos will have fun with Grammy, Grandpa and Grandmom.

We have already planned a few things, but we want to keep our days open for site-seeing. We have decided that we are driving (I know, 13 hours in a car with your husband and you can really have some bonding time!) to Philly first and staying two nights, since neither of us have been there. We are going to eat at the famous XX deli for the Best Cheesesteaks in town. I think Aaron is excited about this! We will probably do some site-seeing here too. On Monday morning, we are getting up and heading to NYC. However, our first stop will be Carlo's Bakery. This one may sound familiar...it's the Cake Boss! It is one of my favorite shows and I can't wait to go there! I know I probably won't see anyone from the show, but maybe?!

After making our first pitstop, we will head on into downtown NYC to our hotel. We will be staying at the Doubletree Hilton, which is close to many things (at least I think it is). We don't have anything else planned yet, but here are a few other things on my list to do:

-See the Broadway show 'Chicago'
-Go to a Yankees game
-Go to the Trade Center Memorial
-Eat at the infamous Peter Luger Steakhouse http://www.peterluger.com/
-Walk around Central Park

I am getting excited just writing about it! If anyone has any other suggestions, please leave a comment and let me know!



1 comment:

  1. K-you will love Philly and NYC. I was just visiting both for a Conference in November. Here are some suggestions: There is a market place around the convention center in Philly (I think it is called The Market). It is huge. You can get anything from Cheesesteaks to fresh fish to Amish food and candy. YUM, and it is probably as big as say Meijer in Jeff. Also a note only in Philly can you get a Cheesesteak that is not bad for your health???
    In NYC, Chinatown and Little Italy are a must. The atmosphere is so unique. There is an amazing Italian restaurant near canal street called Il Cortile. And of course take the Subway at least once :)

    I am excited for you just talking about it.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete