Monday, August 30, 2010

A Few Updates

Last week was my first week of my new class. I am taking Business Law and yes, it is going to be very engaging and hard! It is pretty interesting but there is a lot of homework.

In other news, Blake had a very successful first week of school. He had a little bit of separation anxiety and still does. But for the most part, he did very well.

We also got some expected news today. Blake and I visited the ENT doctor this morning and found out pretty much what we thought....he needs tubes :( I pretty much know what to expect with the surgery since Kylie got tubes this past April. She did very good with the surgery and has ever since then. I know this is the best thing for Blake. The doctor said that as of this morning, he had an infection in his left ear and his right ear had a lot of thick fluid in it. No wonder he can't talk...he can't hear! Poor baby!

So we went ahead and didn't waste anytime and his surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday. I honesty can't wait. I know that this will make so much difference in his speech. He is going to be a new person!

In other news, my mom and I went to the Rascal Flatts concert last night at the Kentucky State Fair. It was AWESOME! I love Rascal Flatts and now I love Chris Young! Kelly Pickler was also there and she had a good performance too. Here are a few pictures from our night.


Our seats were awesome! I got to go with mom since dad is off to his new job. I am pretty proud to say that my dad works for FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency). There has been some major flooding in Chicago so he will be there for some time. Luckily he gets some time off next weekend so he gets to be at Kylie's birthday party! Can you believe that she will be 1!!! I can't!

Hope you have a wonderful week! Think of us on Wednesday when Blake has his surgery.

1 comment:

  1. ok, so somehow I missed this post until now! Looks like a fun time was had by all. I hope your sweet girl has a WONDERFUL party. I am so glad your daddy can make it and I am sad we can't.
    Enjoy this BEAUTIFUL weekend.

    ReplyDelete