Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Derby 2010

Since I am from the Louisville area, it is hard to ignore this time of year. This past Saturday was the running of the 136th Kentucky Derby. I have never been to the actual Derby, but I have been to Churchill Downs Derby week. Aaron and I are thinking about going to the Derby next year, so we will see (it is on my bucket list, which I will be writing about soon).

I went to the track last Thursday with my coworkers and we had an awesome time. At the end of the day I only lost $1, so I think I did pretty good! I actually wore a big hat! The weather was amazing too.



Aaron and I bet on some horses for the Derby and I actually won!! I never win big, but I won $80!! Super Saver was the winner and I chose him only because I liked his name. His jockey has won 3 out of the last 4 Derby's so he was kind of favored (8:1).




No comments:

Post a Comment