Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

These past two weeks have been two very busy weeks. From Blake's birthday party and Derby last weekend, my last day of class last Monday, my brother's graduation yesterday, and Mother's day and a funeral today, I have physically and emotionally drained.

Yesterday my youngest brother graduated from the University of Louisville. I am so proud of him! Here are some pictures I took before and during the ceremony.

Dad, Brad & Mom


Dad, Brad, Me, Jonathan & Mom (Kristin was running late)


Brad after walking across the stage


Brad will have the summer off then start law school in the fall. He was accepted to law school at UofL so he will stay close to home!


Today was a tough day. I was so happy it was Mother's day, but today we would bury a dear friend of ours. We started the day at the picture place to get the kids pictures taken. However we left with no pictures. Blake cried the entire time so we left with NO pictures!! It was awful! I was planning on giving those pictures as Mother's day presents, so I was out of luck. Kylie did great, but nothing would make Blake happy. I think he was just hungry and wanted to play at the Lego table in the lobby. Oh well....we shall try again next weekend.

After the attempt at pictures, we ate at Tony Roma's with Aaron's family. It was yummy! It was my first trip there and I loved it.

After lunch, we made our way to the funeral home. Our dear friend Denise was diagnosed with cancer only two short months ago, and her battle ended on Wednesday night. She was my mom's first friend growing up and was a part of our lives since we were born. She came to every shower, wedding, graduation party, and many sporting events through the years. She was a loyal friend who's laugh was contagious and would do anything for anyone. Heaven got a new angel on Wednesday. She will be missed.

After the funeral and family dinner, we went and celebrated Mother's day with my mom and family. We shared mom's favorite cake, Italian Creme Cake, and opened presents. Of course she didn't open many from us since we didn't get pictures this morning! Oh well, hopefully we will have some this weekend!

I got what I asked for......an external hard drive! Yes I'm a dork, but I needed to be able to store all of the pictures I take! My USB wasn't big enough.

I am blessed to have so many wonderful women in my family. My mom is my best friend and is such a wonderful mom. I owe so much to her (and my dad) for raising me to be the wife and mom I am today. She is an amazing Nana to Blake and Kylie, too. Thank you mom for everything you do!

I am also very lucky to have a wonderful mother-in-law. My MIL would do anything for anyone. She is a wonderful mother to Aaron and I, and an awesome Grammy to Blake and Kylie. Thank you Paula for everything you do!

Happy Mother's Day to all you momma's out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment